Quick link to my Yes2Life fund page - phase 2!

https://www.justgiving.com/dave-twomey-2

Thursday 8 September 2011

Rant 01 & a little story to make you laugh or cry

Watch out pioneering doctors, trying to save peoples lives!!!
http://vimeo.com/24821365

This is what the government will do to continue to make money for themselves and their cronies... at any expense. They tried to do the same with Joanna Budwig in Europe, whose simple no-drug protocol has over 90% success rate in her lifetime! This is another story to the one in this inspiring video but its the same the world over - the pharmaceutical companies are  big business, big business controls politics, and of course politics dictates national health policies & spending. no wonder the only research is on chemo, one of if not the most expensive drugs available on the market!

cancer patients be aware. there is a lot more out there than just what 'medical' doctors advise...

this site gave me a huge amount of help!
http://www.canceractive.com/

* * *

Went for 'second opinion' at Royal Marsden (top cancer center in the UK allegedly) & all they had to offer were some only 10% chance I am even elegible, miniscule chance of helping, gene-related clinical trials. Classic conversation with moronic gene research worker for which alone made the 3 hour round trip worth while:

Her: Hi, I was told I could take down dome of your details for a possible trial
Me: Ok
Her: So, do you have any history of cancer in your family?
Me: No
Her: So...erm...your ...errr... parents are still alive?
Me: Errr, yeah (like duhhh).
Her: So...erm... no ... And your grandparents?
Me: No. All dead.
Her: And ...erm...no ...errr... cancer ... ? (said very quietly as her obvious stupidity & the futility of this seems to be slowly dawning on her)...
Me: Errrrr (like duuhhhhhhhh). No...
(by now her head is very down and she is quite confused in the most ridiculous fashion, as if somehow she just couldnt help but check I understood the original question but was being incited to my a supernatural power...yet...)
Her: ... and your cousins???...
At this point I think I just spontaneously looked up rolled my eyes... couldnt help myself
Her: (with classic comedic 'look down at clipboard, wiggle clipboard, look up at me then down again') Right... erm... well... I guess thats it then (and she finally upped and walked out)

INCREDIBLE ISN'T IT! This is the kind of person we are trusting UK genetic/cancer research with... WTF!!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment