Quick link to my Yes2Life fund page - phase 2!

https://www.justgiving.com/dave-twomey-2

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Dave's Viet Spring Hospital Report No.1 & thank you's!!!!

This was my message to my dad only 5 days ago:

My 9 to 5!
"Vietnam is going well - I think! Dr Ba says he needs a month to get the liver back on track but we will manage. last night had a miracle pain free night (with no sleep alas) plus theyve got night meds right a few times which has been a relief. It's tough daily schedule every day with herbal pills, potions, enemas, and infusions (4 today - all day in bed basically!) etc etc. anyway, hard work!!!! I had to take 60 pills in one day twice last week... Crazy!"


beeeeeeeeefaaaaaaaaake!!
And for you all: 
Been a bit different last few days - less pills more concoctions for a start. Rather worse has been a LOT of pain. Apparently my liver function test tesults were very bad when i arrived and have been sliding down since. they say my liver and kidneys (causing crazy bloated abdomen, bum even, legs and feet swelling) is not functioning properly either so whatever they're doing is having some negative effects first too. 

The pain in my liver area from swelling has been agony and as they are trying really hard to cut out "toxic" western drugs (one of the reasons I am like I am no doubt (they are reeeeeeally anti and likely spot on - i was on a lot of strong meds for month before i came) it has been hard for them to control pain at night. 2 hours sleep, wake up, 1 1/2 hours sleep, then hour awake, etc is not uncommon. Plus my cough gets going at night to add insult to injury. Some days I wake up feeling like a total zombie others I have walked down 6 flights of stairs sat and chilled for 20 in baking morning sun (ave temp outside is 34 with insane humidity, makes Tokyo summer look like stroll through the botanical gardens (ahhh, running through sprinklers ... ) in comparison!).
Will stick with it for sure though. staff's English is quite atrocious at times but they do listen and do genuinely seem to care. No rubber gloves on before every contact and like the the other day when i was in tearsof pain even the doctor was very sympathetic. We lost all that in the UK a loooooongntime ago.

Dr Ba rushes in and out 5 times a day somedays usually to drop off a gut wrenching concoction and is happy to explain all which is good. Very thorough in general. 


MONSTER fruit basket (dont freak eng teachers)
My mum sadly broke her toe by the pool (at a hotel! she is staying with me here thank god. dont know what i' d have done without her so far plus this week there have been tears a plenty) so even she is on some of the meds, mainly for solidarity (she rocks cos they are mostly VILE!) ... but his knowledge and enthusiasm fills you with his self belief too. It's just going to take time and a lot more wincing from me I can see before this liver starts to settle, then re- generate healthily. Dr Ba still doesnt seem overconcerned. Helps when your being treated by someone who has had such good results he really believes in his results. 

That's a about it
Lots a love to you all fight the good fight and for gods sake look after your liver...


Please keep giving generously if you can. It all helps so much!!! We have covered the flight now you are paying for my treatment. Makes me cry how generous you all are! AMAZING! Wish there werent so anonymouses - dont be so humble people!!!! 
Thank you all from all of YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Stay positive Dave. I'm thinking of you all the time. I've just donated you anonymously now. (I'm not humble person... just accident. oops!)

    Much love

    Michiko Goto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the positive attitude! Funny how the mind plays such a large part in the healing process. Hopefully, before you know it you will be back to feeling as young as you think you are. In the meantime, stick with the process and drink lots of good, fresh water to clean things out!

    Take care,
    Buck Blankenship

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good vibes from down under Dave!

    Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave you have been through so much and are still there being as honest and open and vulnerable as ever. I think of you a lot and I am glad that there are moments of respite in all your treatment. It sounds like the cleansing process gives you hope and it shows that the healthy part of you is still responding.
    We have lovely weather in Wales and all your pals will be here in a few days for the YTTC. We are chanting for you and we think of you with such fondness. Take care Atma Jyoti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out this photo of the car in front of me when I left work last night. It's a sign man!

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg5q18j69nzd6s7/Car.jpg

    ReplyDelete